Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Uncommon

I can't take full credit for this topic of choice for the day. I actually read it on another blog that I found (http://www.incourage.me/) - but decided that it was a good topic and wanted to put my spin on it.

Too many times in life are we common. We don't want to create a problem so we keep our mouths shut. We don't want to be different, so we walk away. We don't want to be labeled, so we don't let our true selves shine. But you know what- I'm tired of living that way! I don't want to be common any longer. Let me be labeled. Let me be the loud mouth in the front row. Let me be that Christian woman. The one that doesn't do wild and crazy things. Let me be different. Let me be uncommon.

I'm not afaid of my faith I will tell anyone that I'm a proud Chrisitan and think that God is awesome. I'm not afraid to pray before meals in public. And I'm not afraid to tell people about my life with Him. I just pray that I can pass that strength in my faith to my children, especially Micah. As a girl she has an uphill battle to deal with in the first place. Society places a lot of stigmas and rules on little girls. She can't be- because she's a girl. She can't like- because she's a girl. She can't say- because she's a girl. But I refuse to have her live life in that way. She CAN, do anything. Anything in this world.

I pray that my daughter grows up to be a strong, faithful and passionate person. I pray that she remembers that she is beautiful- inside and out, no matter what anyone tells her. That, the only opinion in this world that matters is the opinion of God. And that as long as she delights Him, then that's all that matters. No one else matters when it comes to that. I pray that she decides to step out of the mold. Be smart. And don't be afraid to show it. Be daring. Be courageous. I pray that she keeps herself pure until the day that she is married, that no one pressures her to do otherwise. And above all of that, I pray that she follows Him as closely as she can, and not be afraid to share her love for Him with others.

Above all of that, I pray that I can guide her the best way I know how. I pray that I continue to be strong and a great example to her. I pray that the Lord continues to give me the wisdom to be a great mother and role model- and down the road- her friend.  I pray that I'm not afraid to show Micah that it's okay to be uncommon. And that she chooses to be too.


Faithfully Ever After- Kelly

0 comments:

Post a Comment