Saturday, September 4, 2010

Jealous

"Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7: 7-9

So I got a new car. Okay, when I say new, I truly mean, new to me. Traded in my van for a 2004 Grand Prix GTP. I had a Grand Prix last year- but Travis got into a car accident last July and it was totaled. I loved that car. There was just something about it. After the car got totaled, we got the van as a replacement. I'm not saying that I didn't like the van- it served its purpose, but my heart was always set on a car. I've been shopping in my mind for a new car since I got it. Well, there was this car. Name her Peaches if you will. And she stole my heart. She's maroon, like Stella (my old one). She's a Grand Prix, like Stella. And she's beautiful like Stella. And she's m i n e!

So- why is this titled jealous? Because I'm tired of people assuming things about me. I'm tired of people thinking that I don't struggle like everyone else? Oh but I do. Struggle a lot. But let me tell you. I work for what I have. I struggle for what I have. But on top of all of that, I pray for what I want. I ask- I seek- I knock. And sometimes I receive. Other times I don't. Sometimes the door is opened- and other times it isn't. Sometimes I find what I am looking for- and other times it's hidden far away. But the point is- I ask. And I pray- hard. I am disappointed when I don't get what I think I should. And rejoice when blessings come my way. I love the relationship I have with God and can't wait to see the blessings that He has in store for me down the road. Ask. Seek. Knock. And have faith that He knows what is the best thing for you. When He says no, that may be because something greater will happen, or that it wasn't the best thing for you at the time. If you just put it all in His hands, then you can be guaranteed that the best things in you life will happen. But you have to first put it in His hands, then leave it there.

(And don't be jealous- just ask for your own blessings)

Faithfully Ever After- Kelly

0 comments:

Post a Comment