Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year Resolutions

At the end of every year I make a list of things I am hoping to accomplish during the new year. A new start. A time where I can start fresh- and actually get things done. Instead of looking back and feeling guilty for what I did not get done. A time where I can get my priorities straight and get things done. Be proactive.

And this year is no different.

Wait, it is different. This year, instead of like years past, I am actually going to get things done. I am not going to make the list- and let it collect dust. And then at the end of said year, look back at what I didn't accomplish and feel guilty [it's such a viscous cycle].

This year, I am going to do it. Make a list of things I can actually accomplish, and get them done [correction: git er done].

And high on that list- is keeping up with my blog. I will start with a couple of days a week- and hopefully will get into a routine- where I blog 5-6 out of 7 days. I think I can do it [ I can do it- not I think].

Writing used to be such a passion of mine- and I let that go by the wayside when I had kids- and got a life outside of myself. My time to write will be mine. And I will not let that go. Not this year.

I am going balls to the wall this year. 2011 better be ready for me. I am not going to let the past get me down. I am shedding the past [just like the pounds I'm hoping to shed]. 2011- is going to bring a new me. 26. Mature. Driven. Goal-oriented. Family-focused. I am going to do it [bring it on].

Happy New Year to all of you. Hope you are blessed with patience, prosperity, love and lots of smiles and laughter. The only way it can be a good year, is if you make it that way.




Faithfully Ever After- Kelly

0 comments:

Post a Comment